Saint Rose Dominican Hospital will be providing free flu and pneumonia shots on Monday, October 15 at the Main Campus at Lake Mead Boulevard and Boulder Highway. This service is provided free of charge to our clients, as well as the general public in need of immunizations. Immunizations will be available from 9:00am to noon only, so get there early.
Date: October 15, 2012
Time: 9:00am to noon
Place: Saint Therese Center Main Campus
Located on de Lima Campus of St. Rose Dominican Hospital
100 East Lake Mead Parkway
Major Intersection: Lake Mead Parkway and Boulder Highway
Five reasons adults with HIV/AIDS should be vaccinated against pneumococcal disease:
- 1. Pneumococcal disease is a deadly infection that can strike quickly.
- 2. In its worst forms, pneumococcal disease kills one out of every three people who get it.
- 3. Getting vaccinated is the safest, most effective way to protect yourself.
- 4. Even if vaccination does not prevent the infection, it can reduce its severity, helping to keep you out of the hospital.
- 5. Medicare and most private insurers cover the full cost of the vaccine.